[vlc-devel] New Document Icons for Mac OS X

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Wed Apr 29 21:13:52 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 08:33:20PM +0200, Dominic Spitaler wrote :
> I've made a list of all icons available and with which icon I'd refresh
> them:
>
> Audio Icon
> A52
> AAC
> M3U (or generic?)
> MP3
> OGG
> PLS
> WMA
>
> Video Icon
> AVI
> DIVX
> DV
> MOV
> MP4
> MPEG
> MPEG1
> MPEG2
> MPEG4
> MPG
> OGM
> VOB
> WMV
>
> Generic Icon
> generic
> ASF
> ASX
> BIN
> CUE
> DAT
> SRT
> SUB
>
> I'm not really sure but aren't there much more file formats VLC can
> play?
Way more that this list.

> Shouldn't there be special icons for those as well? (I'm thinking
> especially
> of MKV files. Those are the ones I use most often)

I am sorry, but I think we need 3 or 4 generic icons:
- Video File
- Audio File
- Playlist File
- Subtitle File

Else, you will ship around 60 icons (as listed on vlc_interface.h)...
Not that I care that much, but well, do we really want to go that road?

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/