[vlc-devel] Plugins: pick and choose

jboileau jboileau at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 21:22:36 CEST 2009

Hi,

Do I understand this correctly: if I need a streamlined version of
VLC, when space is very limited, I can simply delete plugins that I
don't need? For example if I don't need to play h264 files I could
possibly remove libh264_plugin.dll and libpacketizer_h264_plugin.dll.

If this is true:

1. Is there a way to get a description of the plugins? Although they
seem to all have significant names, there are some I can't figure what
they are for.
2. Is there dependencies. Does one plugin require others?
3. Are there some plugins that are essential for VLC to work at all?

Thanks for your help,

Jacques Boileau