[vlc-devel] RE : [NEW FEATURE] -- recorded videos and snapshots madeavailable in GUI

brezhoneg1 brezhoneg1 at yahoo.fr
Fri Aug 14 16:41:13 CEST 2009

:

> >  - create two dedicated default directories
> >     - config_GetSnapshotDir  (mostly a rename of
> vout_snapshot_GetDirectory)
> >     - config_GetRecordedDir
> Why not use the same?

- Windows has got the My Pictures and My Videos distinction
- some users may be interested in accessing only one of either recorded
or snapshots materials. Mixing them doesn't seem to be a good thing.

> >    Their location is changed to be more consistent
> >     - snaphots are moved from userdir into userdir/snapshot (on
Linux)
> >     - records are moved from homedir into userdir/recorded
> Why using CSIDL_MYPICTURES and not CSIDL_MYVIDEO

Yes, you're right. On Windows, videos should be treated on a par with
pictures.

> > patch2 : A new service_discovery module
> >
> >    it is made of two submodules (one for recorded videos, one for
> > snapshots)
> - I dislike the name. libplugin_dirs.(so|dll) is not a cool name.
> - Using macros named OPEN() is not a good idea.
> - Shouldn't you do something when i_type is at an unexpected value ?

ok, I'll change that

Regards
Erwan10