[vlc-devel] [NEW FEATURE] -- recorded videos and snapshots made available in GUI

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Fri Aug 14 15:57:37 CEST 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 03:41:08PM +0200, brezhoneg1 wrote :
> This new feature is intended to ease users' life by offering a simple
> means to access recorded videos and snapshots directly within the vlc
> GUI interface.
This is a good idea.

> patch1 : core
> -------------
> This patch modifies the core for better clarity :
>
>  - create two dedicated default directories
>     - config_GetSnapshotDir  (mostly a rename of vout_snapshot_GetDirectory)
>     - config_GetRecordedDir
Why not use the same?

>    Their location is changed to be more consistent
>     - snaphots are moved from userdir into userdir/snapshot (on Linux)
>     - records are moved from homedir into userdir/recorded
Why using CSIDL_MYPICTURES and not CSIDL_MYVIDEO

> patch2 : A new service_discovery module
> ---------------------------------------
>
>    it is made of two submodules (one for recorded videos, one for
> snapshots)
- I dislike the name. libplugin_dirs.(so|dll) is not a cool name.
- Using macros named OPEN() is not a good idea.
- Shouldn't you do something when i_type is at an unexpected value ?

> patch3 : qt4 fixes regarding CoverArtLabel and the cone Widget
>
> This patch fixes various issues found with CoverArtLabel and the cone
> Widget while testing this new feature.
I think this is totally fine.

Best Regards,

--