[vlc-devel] commit: qt4: remove b_is_node and use childCount() > 0 instead in playlist_model (Ilkka Ollakka )

Ilkka Ollakka ilkka.ollakka+vlc at oamk.fi
Tue Aug 18 11:54:00 CEST 2009

On ti 18. elokuuta 2009 10.29.33, Jakob Leben wrote:
> As for strict representation of directories:
> http://wiki.videolan.org/Mini_Projects#Live_folders

 Actually that live_folders could be implement as adding node with input
 on said directory, and just rebuild that node from time to time (eg
 remove items under it and access that directory item, so it rereads
 directory). But that goes somewhat offtopic allready.

> It's only a bit awkward because flat and tree playlist structures are not
> too nicely synchronized, and as I have written in a description to commit
> a2d9bd0a079e288e89224e39ae85e3b7c3923963, I believe they can not be too well
> synchronized.

> Therefore I would like to hear your opinion on following idea: upon
> switching from tree to flat, the flat one get's recreated (a tree can be
> perfectly splashed into flat order of items), but upon switching from flat
> to tree, you get a tree which contains only that flat list. Or maybe there
> is simply no hard switching between flat - tree. You only have a command
> like "Splash-that-tree-to-a-flat-list".

 I'm not sure it it matters as long as same items are in both of them.
 What order they are aren't that important in most cases, atleast I
 think it doesn't matter for user that uses that functionality coming
 from tree to flat-view. Thou I havent really found that good reason to
 keep flat and tree items separated instead of sorting/showing them
 depending if user wants tree/flat, but I haven't really followed that
 playlist internal works so closely.

--
Ilkka Ollakka
Finagle's fourth Law: