[vlc-devel] Can anyone tell me why this patch was done?

Niles Bindel zaggal69 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 01:19:40 CEST 2009

I finally got the latest code to build so I could try out the media list
player inside Mozilla.  However, now there are other problems including the
fact that VLC plays videos in a bluish hue (probably a swapping of Red and
Blue in a pixel format) and fullscreen mode no longer goes full screen it
only goes about 2/3 of a screen and sits in the middle of the screen.  I did
manage to try the plugin and it did transition to the next item in the
playlist without a deadlock.  However, I've encountered more instability
resulting in a few plugin crashes when transitioning between playlist
items.  I plan on testing this further to determine what/where the problem
actually is, but at this point I'm unsure whether I have something wrong in
my build (which I just did a clean build of) or if there are some real
problems with the win32 build.  I'll probably have a better idea tomorrow.

Niles