[vlc-devel] Problems with current Win32 build

Niles Bindel zaggal69 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 05:45:28 CEST 2009

As this is my first build attempt from the latest git source, it's possible
that I'm doing something wrong or missing a new setting.  However, I have
successfully built from the 1.0.1 release code.  Just to ensure the problem
wasn't with my copy or computer I rebooted, pulled a new git clone (from
about 3 hours ago), and rebuilt from scratch and the problems still
persisted so I thought I would let you know since there seems to have been a
few check-ins lately for DirectX.

Build is for Win32 using Mingw/MSys on Windows XP.

Problems:
1. Videos are currently being displayed as if the red and blue bits of a
pixel are switched so everything has a very bluish tint to it.  Basically,
people are now Smurfs.
2. Fullscreen mode no longer goes fullscreen.  It does create a larger
window (640x480 I'm guessing) and places it off center in the left middle of
the screen, but leaves the rest of the desktop visible behind it.
3. When the videos first open, they have large black margins on the left and
right edges of the video instead of the player interface nicely wrapping
around the video.

Also, if you would prefer I posted issues elsewhere in the future please let
me know.  At this point, the developer site and trac have been down for the
past 2 days so I wasn't sure what the process is.