[vlc-devel] need plugin developer

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Fri Aug 28 09:59:05 CEST 2009

Hello Mike,

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:46:04AM +0400, Mike wrote :
> Sorry, if I have selected wrong maillist for my message - if that,
> please, point me a better place.
No, you are at the good place.

> As part of a large project, we have faced with the following task: we
> need to add support into vlc player our new video format. The duration
> of this work is about 3-4 weeks, starting from the beginning of
> september.
Can you tell us just a bit more?
 - Is it a video format in the container sense, and you need a new
   demux?
 - Is it a video format in the codec sense, and you need a new decoder?
 - Is it something else?

> We are finding developer familiar with vlc code, who is able to
> implement it. Fee and exact deadline are the subject of discussion.
Well, depending on those above questions, different developers with
different skills may be able to answer.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf