[vlc-devel] VLC worked in 64bits native binary format on Vista x64

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sat Aug 29 11:38:53 CEST 2009

Hello,

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 10:27:24AM +1000, xxcv wrote :
> I have got good new for you! VLC media player worked on Vista 64bits in
> native 64-bits binary format.
Well, due to the work of contribs, it should work.

> I've used a x86_64-w64-mingw32 gcc compiler and latest mingw-w64-crt at
> sf.net and it proves to work really well!
Well, that is what I used to do the work.

> I'd like to see VLC for windows to continue down this path. So far I
> don't have a GUI because qt4 wouldn't work with x86_64-w64-mingw32
> compiler, its build system or source code is causing the internal
> compiler error to show up.

> I don't know if qt4 developers are planning this move to support the new
> x86_64-w64-mingw32 compiler but I do hope so that they support it in the
> near future.
They don't, but we are working on it.

But, you must have modified some stuffs in VLC to make it compile (at
least configure), can you share? And how did you force it to use mingw
printf, can you share?

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf