[vlc-devel] commit: Qt4: try to improve sout protocol names ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Dec 1 11:29:57 CET 2009

----- Message d'origine -----
> Sorry but
> RTP is not the same as RTP / Transport Stream

At the time of the commit, it was. That is to say, the RTP choice meant TS over RTP.

> (TS over RTP is discouraged)

TS over UDP is discouraged. I don't feel like taking a stand in the TS vs port RTP mux troll, though I'd enjoy reading it.

> and UDP usually is UDP / Transport Stream.

Yes, but "UDP / Transport Stream (legacy)" is really long. Besides nothing in the UDP access output plugin is so specific about TS.