[vlc-devel] Problem with RGB24 Directshow display

Developer developer at noknok.net
Sun Dec 6 16:30:34 CET 2009

Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> The VLC DirectShow plugin hardcodes the BGR order for RGB24. If your filter
> uses RGB, I'm not entirely surprised it fails.

Ok, well, since it is our filter, we can modify it.  Currently the
filter only exposes 1 Major/Minor type for output (RGB24).

That being said, we could add another media type that would be
acceptable to VLC, in doing that all we need to know then is what should
we offer as the available media type that VLC would like and accept over
the RGB24 offered media type?

Shawn