[vlc-devel] Problem with RGB24 Directshow display

Developer developer at noknok.net
Sun Dec 6 17:45:49 CET 2009

Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le dimanche 6 décembre 2009 18:21:34 Developer, vous avez écrit :
>
>> I guess my first question is their a special reason why this is the
>> case?  Is/was their some special need to support BGR over RGB?  I would
>> have thought default should have been RGB.  But may have something to do
>> with BIG/LITTLE ....
>>

> I gues the first and only time this was tested (if ever) by Gildas way back
> then, the source was BGR.
>
> (...)
>
>> I will make the comment though Microsoft is little endian, being RGB,
>> and dshow being microsoft most filters will supply true RGB.  But also
>> understand the roots of VLC not being MS based.....
>>

> That's irrelevant. Eventually, the same pieces of hardware are used on MacOS
> and Linux too. In fact, my X11 server wants RGB32, not BGR32.

Ok, well than for an initial attempt, would their be any issue making
this RGB vs BGR?  That might be simpler as a first step.  Then also
leaving in the current structure, but enabling that by using a new
flag/option? (so not as to alienate anyone needing BGR...)

Also let me know how best to work on getting the VM.

Shawn