[vlc-devel] commit: rtp sout: implement rtptime parameter (Pierre Ynard )

Pierre Ynard linkfanel at yahoo.fr
Mon Dec 7 20:27:23 CET 2009

> You know what? You *suck*.
>
> You post patches for review, and then you ignore the review. If you
> don't want reviews, then you don't post your patch for review in the
> first place.

I value your reviews. I believe that I care more about what you tell me
than you do.

Your review was:

> Would be nice to comment the locking scheme in the code too.

And I took that into account.

> Not to mention that this patch is incorrect as it won't even return
> the correct timestamp.

Well you told me about that on IRC *after* I pushed that commit, whereas
it was clearly commented in the patch you reviewed:

+uint32_t rtp_get_ts( const sout_stream_id_t *id )
+{
+    /* ... and this will return the value for the last packet.
+     * Lame, but close enough. */
+    return id->i_timestamp;
+}

Since you didn't say anything about it in your review, I assumed you
were okay with it.

And I'm not stupid for you to tell me a second time:

> This will cause CORRECT implementations of RTP to wrongly send
> RTCP-RR, thus wasting bandwidth, and clogging up socket buffers on the
> server.

You're not even addressing the commit message. As it says, "it does more
harm than good," since on the other hand it *breaks* some others
clients.

And once again, I had said:

< linkfanel> courmisch: well, i guess i am interested in work-arounds, so
             i suggest you stop me now or revert my commit later

To which you didn't answer. So you're being kind of passive aggressive
to come after to tell me that I don't listen.

But it doesn't matter. I'm sorry for not living up to better code right
now.

--
Pierre Ynard
"Une âme dans un corps, c'est comme un dessin sur une feuille de papier."