[vlc-devel] commit: svg: quick fix for out-of-tree compilation (Olivier Aubert )

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Tue Dec 8 01:06:02 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 09 at 15:57 +0100, Olivier Aubert wrote:
> That said, I would be more than happy to replace this by a patch that
> enables the default compilation and inclusion in binary distributions of
> the svg plugin. This way, I would not have to compile it myself to get
> it for my application.

My hears are ringing. And on my birthday.

Most seriously: I come by Advene website from time to time when i point
people to it and i have a look at the download page and i think: right
next time i touch vlc packaging i'll add a vlc-plugin-svg.

Except that the next time i touch the packaging i have forgotten.
So please fill a wishlist bug in the BTS. it's not a guaratee i'll
remeber but at least i won't have any excuse. (And I can't even complain
about the NEW queue which is quite quick nowadays)

The other thing I think about every time i visit is that we should get
the python biding in debian. For that it would be cleaner if we release
a tarball of the binding properly.

But that link to one of your other mails, we should decide if we package
the old or the new before include the package in Debian

Regards,

--
Xtophe