[vlc-devel] New Contribs for Win32

xxcv xxcv07 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 01:59:31 CET 2009

Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> As it was asked SOOOO nicely:
> http://people.videolan.org/~jb/Contribs/contrib-20091208-win32-bin-gcc-4.2.1-sjlj-runtime-3.15.2-only.tar.bz2
>
> It features new libraries updates, cddb, fluidsynth, zvbi, patched
> FFmpeg for DxVA2 and projectM.
>
> Testing on projectM is more than welcome, if someone is clever enough to
> make it work...
>
> Best Regards,

I have never used your contrib binaries.
I have dropped mingw32 long time ago since used mingw-w64, all is good
with very good support from the project, a multilib compiler.
Like I've already emphasized projectM *simply works* with very minor
tweaks as well as fluidsynth.

All this is based on my own build scripts as I do not use the scripts in
extras dir in vlc.git source.
I have been doing this for years in testing since 0.8 series.
In particular no body (at least not from me) asked for new contrib, and
this binary I can not use and will not use since I had a totally
different compiler toolchain setup which doesn't use mingw32api and
mingwrt at all.

Jean-Baptiste truly IMO I think, "You know what? You *suck*."