[vlc-devel] New Contribs for Win32

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Tue Dec 8 02:10:11 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 11:59:31AM +1100, xxcv wrote :
> I have never used your contrib binaries.
Then, shut up and don't post here.

> I have dropped mingw32 long time ago since used mingw-w64, all is good
> with very good support from the project, a multilib compiler.
Noone cares about your life.

> Like I've already emphasized projectM *simply works* with very minor
> tweaks as well as fluidsynth.
Right... Especially since projectM hardcode /usr/share/projectM/config.inp
which is a path that works on Windows... Right...

> All this is based on my own build scripts as I do not use the scripts in
> extras dir in vlc.git source.
Of course not, and you have patched all the contribs by yourself,
without taking the patches we have done. And you really thing anyone is
going to believe you? Especially when projectM2.0 doesn't compile
because of dirent.h...

> I have been doing this for years in testing since 0.8 series.
If you are SO clever, why not everyone is using your vlc version?

> In particular no body (at least not from me) asked for new contrib, and
You are not the only person on this planet. Unfortunately, people have
asked for it.

> this binary I can not use and will not use since I had a totally
> different compiler toolchain setup which doesn't use mingw32api and
> mingwrt at all.
We do not care about your life.

> Jean-Baptiste truly IMO I think, "You know what? You *suck*."
La violence verbale est le dernier recours de l'incompétent.

Once again, you post crap on this mailing list, stating things you
cannot prove, giving information noone cares about, or inexploitable
data with violence and agressivity, that shows how useless you are.

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/