[vlc-devel] Last call for release 1.0.4

Glen Gray slaine at slaine.org
Wed Dec 9 16:20:10 CET 2009

On 9 Dec 2009, at 14:53, Sébastien Escudier wrote:

> Quoting Glen Gray <slaine at slaine.org>:
>
>> I'll double check again later today Ross, but I tried this last week with the
>> latest code from your site and the 1.0.3 release on Linux. I was getting the
>> problem where the new demux control function for CAN_SET_RATE was returning
>> false, so it never attempted to send a Scale value in the play command.
>
> 1.0.3 is working fine for me.
> But be careful, you have to use live555 as the rtsp server, and vlc as the rtsp
> client.

Yes, I know and that's what I've been using. As well as Kasenna server. Looking at the code, Kasenna is explicitly excluded from the rate control in the demux, not sure why.

I think I've figured out whats wrong. I tested vlc 1.0.3 GUI on my Mac and that doesn't seem to do anything with the Faster/Slower commands. However, vlc 1.0.3 on linux desktop does.

When I use the scale values though, I'm seeing some strange behavior with regards buffering. I'll log that separately.

Cheers,
--
Glen Gray
slaine at slaine.org