[vlc-devel] Read only the video of an RTSP stream

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Dec 10 16:32:58 CET 2009

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:57:45 -0500, jboileau <jboileau at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an RTSP source that sends Video and Audio, but I would like to
> receive only the video track. Is there a way to tell VLC to ask for only
> the video track of the RTSP stream.

No.

> In fact is that possible at all in the RTSP protocol?

Normal, this is possible by just setting up the video track. But that only
makes sense if _not_ using Transport Stream.

> An other option for me would be to have VLC ignore the audio track it is
> receiving if that is possible. I have tried the 'Enable Audio' option,
but
> that seems to be too late in the chain. I think VLC has already decoded
> the timestamp of the audio.

--no-audio will prevent the audio signal from being decoded, but it won't
currently prevent it from being received on the network interface.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis