[vlc-devel] commit: rtp sout: implement rtptime parameter (Pierre Ynard )

Pierre Ynard linkfanel at yahoo.fr
Thu Dec 10 19:44:53 CET 2009

Hello,

> Not to mention that this patch is incorrect as it won't even return
> the correct timestamp.

What's the correct timestamp? RFC 2326 says it's supposed to match the
NPT in the Range header (which we don't support). So in my understanding
it doesn't have to match the exact timestamp value of one RTP packet.
Also, RTP timestamps don't have to increment, and can even go backwards,
so there is no strict ordering requirement with the rtptime value, is
there? Especially at start-up in the broadcast case, the correctness of
the value doesn't seem to matter much. Am I missing something?

--
Pierre Ynard
"Une âme dans un corps, c'est comme un dessin sur une feuille de papier."