[vlc-devel] Snow Leopard and x64

Wolf Wolf.St.Kappesser at gmx.de
Mon Dec 21 13:15:04 CET 2009

Hi,

you're may right, I prefer the other way...

At the moment I try to compile the 1.0.4 for Mac but it doesn't work. :(

I get something strange like:
SDKs found. Everything is fine.

* If you need contribs with all debug information, run this     *
* line and compile the libraries on your own.                   *
* CONTRIBS_RELEASE=no ./bootstrap                               *

* VLC will be compiled in 64bit mode using the 10.5 SDK.        *
mkdir tmp
(cd tmp && tar jxvf ../contrib-macosx-x86_64-1.0.3.tar.bz2)
x ./

[...]

checking for C/C++ restrict keyword... __restrict
checking for libs in /Users/wsk/Public/vlc-1.0.4/./extras/contrib... no
configure: WARNING:  not using the libs in extras/contrib as it is not the same host

Building with Mac OS X defaults:

[...]

configure: WARNING: only static linking is available, you must provide a gme-tree
checking mad.h usability... no
checking mad.h presence... no
checking for mad.h... no
configure: error: Could not find libmad on your system: you may get it from http://www.underbit.com/products/mad/. Alternatively you can use --disable-mad to disable the mad plugin.
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `VLC-release.app'.  Stop.
g224236035:Public wsk$

May building-way on Snow Leo whit the 1.0.3 downloaded libs:
export CC=/Developer/usr/bin/llvm-gcc-4.2
export CXX=/Developer/usr/bin/llvm-g++-4.2
export OBJC=/Developer/usr/bin/llvm-gcc-4.2
export CFLAGS="-arch x86_64"
export CXXFLAGS="-arch x86_64"
export LDFLAGS="-arch x86_64"
export OBJCFLAGS="-arch x86_64"

cd vlc-1.0.4/extras/contrib
./bootstrap x86_64-apple-darwin10
make -j2

cd ../..
./bootstrap

./configure \
--enable-debug \
--host=i686-apple-darwin10 \
--build=i686-apple-darwin10 \
--enable-macosx \
--with-macosx-version-min=10.5 \
--with-macosx-sdk=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk

Greets