[vlc-devel] Query about adding support for a new codec in VLC player

Ajit Deshpande ajitsdeshpande at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 18:19:52 CET 2009

Hello,
    I hope this is not the wrong forum to ask about this question.
JPEG-XR is the latest image codec. I can also be used for video compression.

If accepted by all, what is the process to add support for this codec in the
VLC player?
 Does this codec have to be implemented from scratch to avoid copyright
issues or can the reference software which the standard body(ISO) provide
can be used "as it is" ?

thank you.
-AD.

Mike Ditka <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mike_ditka.html>  -
"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms."