[vlc-devel] Where I can disable the mouse events for the MACOSX plugin

Yair Han YairH at optibase.com
Thu Dec 31 12:07:39 CET 2009

Hi Felix,

Thank you for the response.

I am using the "macosx" (not the minimal one) module. The voutgl.m is actually handles the mouse events (as you said line 961) but when I disable the entire case of kEventClassMouse I still can go into fullscreen using the (mouse left) double click. It seems that the double click event (for enter fullscreen) is never gets to the WindowEventHandler method it just handled elsewhere.

Moreover, as it seems that the vout.m file is not participating in the mouse events at all I added debug prints to (void)mouseDown:(NSEvent *)o_event (line 520) and even disabled the fullscreen toggle and the VLC still catches the double click event and enter to the fullscreen mode.

BTW, it doesn't leave the fullscreen because I disabled the kEventClassMouse in the voutgl.m file.

I know it sounds improbable but the enter fullscreen double click is been catch and execute in a different module then the double click on leave fullscreen.

Is it something you recognize?

Regards,
Yair Han
Software Engineer