[vlc-devel] VLCKit build setting

Georg Seifert georg.seifert at gmx.de
Thu Dec 31 13:16:26 CET 2009

Hi Pierre,

If I set a custom build path in xCode prefs. (I want to keep all this build directories out of the source)

If I build VLCKit, most targets build to the specified directory. But there are some build scripts (I suppose) which try to find the build products (from earlier build phases) just in the source folder. I don’t recall the actual failures but it said something about not finding the VLCKit bundle in a very late state.

I had to get a fresh copy from git and set the build directory in xCode to standard, than go to the projects general info and click to Custom Loction (it populates the text field with the standard build path.) After that, I could set my custom location in the xCode prefs again.

Georg