[vlc-devel] XCB freeze exception

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Thu Feb 5 01:03:26 CET 2009

> I am claiming an exemption from the feature freeze for the XCB plugins. It is
> anyway not fully integrated into the build system yet, so there is hardly any
> risk of regressions.
Well the code is already in and is not activated by default (and you
really have to know what you're doing to build it) and the module's score is 0.

So I really don't see any risk.

I'm even in favour of adding the necessary bits in configure.ac so that
we check for the necessary libs before building (disable by default and
maybe with (experimental) in the text)
So that it's less hard for people wanting to test to give you feed-backs

--
Xtophe