[vlc-devel] XCB freeze exception
rdenis at simphalempin.com
Thu Feb 5 10:06:34 CET 2009
On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 01:03:26 +0100, Christophe Mutricy <xtophe at chewa.net>
> I'm even in favour of adding the necessary bits in configure.ac so that
> we check for the necessary libs before building (disable by default and
> maybe with (experimental) in the text)
I don't like to change configure.ac all the time, as it causes a full
rebuild. Changing an (existing) Modules.am has minimal impact.
> So that it's less hard for people wanting to test to give you feed-backs
Among other things, it still lacks:
- cursor blanking,
- resize (window or A/R change),
- XVideo (incl. HW chroma conversion and HW scaling).
I think these would be the bare minimum. People are welcome to test it, but
I don't want a flood of useless "feature missing" reports.
Other things it does not do yet:
- non-embedded window title,
- hotkeys when the non-embedded window has focus (!= the video output
- closed window detection,
- XVideo Motion Compensation (any use for this?),
- GLX OpenGL provider,
- screen capture,
- global hotkeys,
I am also not sure if these work:
- 32-bits and 8-bits displays,
- grey output (current X11 output does not support this),
* The output screen is assumed to have same depth as main screen (if
multi-screen display). X11 plugin also has this bug, but not XVideo.
* Unusual RGB masks (if they exist) break.
* Unusual 8-bits palettes break (IMHO, not an issue these days).
* Non-embedded window has background is screwed up.
More information about the vlc-devel