[vlc-devel] Help Please (mjpeg decode problem)

Kaarlo Räihä agent_007 at luukku.com
Thu Feb 5 09:16:43 CET 2009

Mark Maestas kirjoitti 04.02.2009 kello 22:00:
> Hi VideoLan developers,  I am working on a project that involves using
> VLC to demonstrate the functionality of a proprietary video
> encoder/server.  The server uses hardware encoding of RGB and NTSC
> inputs and streams them out to another proprietary player running under
> windows using the Pegasus decoder.
>
> This new customer wants this to work with Linux and VLC.  The good news
> is that VLC plays both the mjpeg streams well, however the RGB stream
> plays with incorrect colors.  I have been working to resolve this
> through adjusting our JPEG header on this image and I have had no luck.
> The windows player has correct color.  VLC is using the ffmpeg library
> to decode the stream and I now have built both VLC and FFMPEG and I can
> make code changes to try and fix the color problem, however nothing that
> I have tried has worked.
>
> I am hoping one of the smart VLC developers would be able to help me
> look into fixing this issue, which probably resides in the FFMPEG lib. I
> can provide a sample .avi file that I made with ffmpeg for testing
> purposes if someone is willing to help look into this.
>
> I think this is a good opportunity to advance the player and I am
> willing and able to help as much as possible.
>
> If anyone has an interest in fixing the decode of this RGB mjpeg stream
> I would be glad to know.
>

> Thanks
>

> Mark Maestas

I would suggest that you open trac ticket with sample file that shows this issue. But before that, try 1.0.0 builds if you haven't already done that. They have some colorspace fixes (RGB related).

Luukku Plus paketilla pääset eroon tila- ja turvallisuusongelmista.
Hanki Luukku Plus ja helpotat elämääsi. http://www.mtv3.fi/luukku