[vlc-devel] XCB freeze exception

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Thu Feb 5 11:50:43 CET 2009

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 10:44:54 +0100, Laurent Aimar <fenrir at via.ecp.fr> wrote:
>> * Unusual RGB masks (if they exist) break.
>  You just need to tell VLC the RGB mask you are supporting, the
conversion
> will automatically be done if needed.
> (X11/Xv do it)
>  Now, you may have a problem with rgb16/15 (ie wrong color) but I am not
> sure if it is our ffmpeg conversion or my server/driver X.

I tried successfully (with DVD input, so I guess I420 chroma), 24-, 16- and
15-bits TrueColor against both the Intel X.Org driver, and Xephyr. But
yeah, I should really set the color mask from the X11 visuals.

I could not try 8-bits StaticColor and GreyScale because VLC cannot find
proper chroma conversion to RGB2 neither GRAY (Antoine said he'd look at
the first one).

I could not try 32-bits TrueColor because I don't have any such hardware.
Besides, VLC only uses 24-bits for color in either RV32 and RGBA.

And last I did not try B&W and 4-bits Static and Gray because VLC has no
chroma for these. I am not aware of any other (real-life) visual type.