[vlc-devel] commit: X11 pixmaps will not work as drawable ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )
git version control
git at videolan.org
Mon Feb 9 17:29:32 CET 2009
vlc | branch: master | Rémi Denis-Courmont <rdenis at simphalempin.com> | Mon Feb 9 18:28:20 2009 +0200| [345c6daa2c71efbcd4186be7c686643114009881] | committer: Rémi Denis-Courmont
X11 pixmaps will not work as drawable
Our outputs want to create a window as a child of the drawable. This is
never going to work with a pixmap.
include/vlc/libvlc.h | 17 ++++++++---------
src/control/media_player.c | 6 +++---
src/libvlc.sym | 2 +-
3 files changed, 12 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)
diff --git a/include/vlc/libvlc.h b/include/vlc/libvlc.h
index f6fc519..57c88b2 100644
@@ -555,19 +555,18 @@ VLC_PUBLIC_API void libvlc_media_player_stop ( libvlc_media_player_t *, libvlc_e
* no effects.
* The specified identifier must correspond to an existing Input/Output class
- * X11 drawable. The caller shall ensure that the X11 server is the same as the
- * one the VLC instance has been configured with.
- * If XVideo is <b>not</b> supported or usable, it is assumed that the drawable
- * has the following properties in common with the default X11 screen:
- * depth, scan line pad, black pixel. This is a bug.
- * Using a pixmap rather than a window might not work as VLC might try to
- * get window properties and subscribe to window events.
+ * X11 window. Pixmaps are <b>not</b> supported. The caller shall ensure that
+ * the X11 server is the same as the one the VLC instance has been configured
+ * with.
+ * If XVideo is <b>not</b> used, it is assumed that the drawable has the
+ * following properties in common with the default X11 screen: depth, scan line
+ * pad, black pixel. This is a bug.
* \param p_mi the Media Player
- * \param drawable the ID of the X drawable
+ * \param drawable the ID of the X window
* \param p_e an initialized exception pointer
-VLC_PUBLIC_API void libvlc_media_player_set_xid ( libvlc_media_player_t *p_mi, uint32_t drawable, libvlc_exception_t *p_e );
+VLC_PUBLIC_API void libvlc_media_player_set_xwindow ( libvlc_media_player_t *p_mi, uint32_t drawable, libvlc_exception_t *p_e );
* Set a Win32/Win64 API window handle (HWND) where the media player should
diff --git a/src/control/media_player.c b/src/control/media_player.c
index 31589b3..ec74c9b 100644
@@ -698,9 +698,9 @@ void libvlc_media_player_stop( libvlc_media_player_t *p_mi,
-void libvlc_media_player_set_xid( libvlc_media_player_t *p_mi,
- uint32_t drawable,
- libvlc_exception_t *p_e )
+void libvlc_media_player_set_xwindow( libvlc_media_player_t *p_mi,
+ uint32_t drawable,
+ libvlc_exception_t *p_e )
p_mi->drawable.xid = drawable;
diff --git a/src/libvlc.sym b/src/libvlc.sym
index 3c46ec1..45587b8 100644
@@ -153,7 +153,7 @@ libvlc_media_player_set_position
More information about the vlc-devel