[vlc-devel] [patch] Alter symbol-globalising dlopen(RTLD_NOLOAD) call to succeed

jpd at m2x.nl jpd at m2x.nl
Fri Feb 13 12:16:18 CET 2009

[reinstating list-cc that went AWOL]
On Fri, February 13, 2009 11:53 am, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 09:48:00 +0100 (CET), jpd at m2x.nl wrote:
>> I think you're trying to do something that's rightfully the job of ld.so.
>> I see no point in trusting dlsym over RTLD_NOLOAD. Worse, the dlsym call
>> prevents the setting of RTLD_GLOBAL, which is needed for the plugin to
>> work.
>
> Since you are obviously not trying to understand my point, I will put this
> discussion to an end.

I explicitly asked you to elaborate. The copy-pasted reply apparently
didn't do the job, so I invite you again to explain why you think that
the dlsym call is needed to do what RTLD_NOLOAD is supposed to do already.

Please, do explain. AFAIK I need the dlsym call gone to make the plugin
work, but alternative solutions are welcome too, of course.