[vlc-devel] VLC as a frame-server : some problems remains.

Video Guru guru.video at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 12:36:21 CET 2009

Hi all,

I am trying to use libvlc as a frame-server to my application. I have
my own display code which renders to TV Out, own audio playback,
modified vmem and amem to give me date information to my application.

I manage a large buffer of audio and video in my application and the
playback is smooth.

Now, the real question.

libvlc is limiting the delivery rate to vmem based on the fps of the
media. I dont want that. I want to get frames as fast as possible to
fill my buffer, when my buffer is near full, I will either pause vlc,
or hold the vmem lock (with of course, --no-drop-frames).

Please guide, how to disable frame limiting, or at-least point to the
function/file where it is done.

- Dabdab.
India.

Electricity is actually made up of extremely tiny particles called
electrons, that you cannot see with the naked eye unless you have been
drinking.

  - Dave Barry