[vlc-devel] commit: macosx: added missing playlist locks ( Felix Paul Kühne )

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Thu Feb 19 20:18:33 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 5:37 PM, Felix Paul Kühne
<fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 19.02.2009 um 17:06 schrieb Rémi Denis-Courmont:
>
>> I don't know the playlist code very well - but... it seems odd that
>> one would
>> want to get the input item, do nothing with it and then unlock.
>
> This code forwards the input item to another object within the OS X
> interface (which doesn't know about the playlist itself) to show meta
> data and stats. I agree, that this object (VLCPlaylistInfo) should
> probably lock the playlist itself once it got the input item, but
> that's to be done at a later point and introduce race conditions...

There is no point to lock the playlist because an input item is being
used. The input item should be locked, not the playlist. Anyway, input
item should be autolock itself for most if not all operations.

Note that the playlist_item_t object is a strange object that can
never be released.

Pierre.