[vlc-devel] RE : VLC as a frame-server : some problems remains.

Video Guru guru.video at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 11:12:58 CET 2009

TThanks Erwan10,  for your valuable suggestion.

I was looking at the  \modules\codec\avcodec\encoder.c and the dummy
one : modules\misc\dummy\encoder.c but could not gather much.

My questions are :

1. How do I pass the config parameters like the format & size of the
video frame to it, and how to force the back-end modules to give frame
in this format/size. Also how can I callback to my application (like
vmem) from the encoder thread.

2. Same goes for audio, but I think if I can get it done for video, it
could be done with the audio also.

And here are my assumptions, correct me if I am wrong.

1. I am planning to pass the date information from video and audio to
my application where it will do the sync, so the date information in
video and audio will help me do the sync.

2. All the video frames and audio buffers which I get in my_encoder.c
will be in proper sequence, like frame 1,2,3,4.........

Please guide.