[vlc-devel] commit: PulseAudio cannot be unloaded - fixes #2538 ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )

Danny Wood danwood76 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 23:25:31 CET 2009

Just as a note.

I noticed audio breakups when using VLC plus flash in firefox on my x64
ubuntu intrepid box.
With my small update to the pulse plugin (not yet in the official
version but in git) these breakups were gone, I think this was due to
both pulseaudio and VLC not re-sampling the output (converting to PCM as
opposed to float output) which reduces latency.
Mind you I would blame the flash firefox plugin as its always a bit
buggy at best.

I've not found any lock ups or anything when using VLC and killing
pulseaudio.
Nor do I see VLC reload the pulse libs after they exit.
I run pulseaudio and VLC all the time and have had no problems/lockups
or breakups for a couple of months now.

You bug report is a little sparse so I'm not quite sure what/why you did.
It could be a bug with pulse in fedora though.