[vlc-devel] msft windows error reporting

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Thu Jan 1 20:23:30 CET 2009

Hello,

On Thu, Jan 01, 2009 at 12:49:45PM -0600, Anton Kapela wrote :
> I recall reading the notes from the VLC dev-days and noticed someone
> saying that this service had a 'fee' associated. This begs the
> question, was the fee for anything other that the required cert?
To me, the cost was indeeed associated to the cert fee.

IMVHO, we will need a cert in the future, and having a new organisation
to back up VLC development will help a lot.

> If it's just a cert that's needed, I'd be 110% in favor of donating
> the cert cost myself, if this would mean a steady stream of 'good
> data' for which program troubles could be better found and tracked
> (and perhaps, improve reporting accuracy).
>
> Is anyone interested in accepting the cert if I were to give it
> away/donate it to VLC? It's cheap enough to just be a personal gift,
> no need for any corp/biz involvement.
Well, I think that VideoLAN organisation should have it in its name, and
that we should look at that after we register it.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/