[vlc-devel] commit: macosx: display only information on the currently playing item instead of the item selected in the playlist ( Felix Paul Kühne )

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 5 21:24:41 CET 2009

Am 05.01.2009 um 10:42 schrieb Georg Seifert:

> Hello,
>
> I complained about that behavior before. I do not have the playlist
> displayed, so I simply get an empty info window. The info of the
> active item should be shown when the playlist is disabled and if
> nothing is selected. If you select something, than the info of the
> selection is shown. So everybody is happy.

Regrettably, it's not that easy, but almost.

What about this approach:
- at present, an empty selection is forbidden in the playlist table
view. I'll enable it.
- if the controller window is collapsed, the information panel will
always display details about the current playing item
- if the playlist is shown, information is displayed on the selected
item or if none selected, on the current playing item

Best regards,

Felix