[vlc-devel] VLC Hanging and directory loading issues

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Sat Jan 10 11:14:45 CET 2009

Le samedi 10 janvier 2009 04:36:04 Jonathan Steinert, vous avez écrit :
> I have an lsof output, vlc -vvv output and an strace of the situation
> all posted at this address, plus a more recent vlc -vvv output from
> yesterday.

There is nothing wrong with the lsof output. From the syscall trace, it would
seem the Qt4 UI loop keeps waking up, but that does not explain it not
quitting. It is fairly impossible to track the problem down further without a
stack trace.

> I've tried to run vlc under gdb to get a trace and thread list when it
> occurs but trying to send a break to gdb just ends up killing vlc and
> then I can get no info.

Ctrl+Z works fine here.

> This all works fine on OSX against the same sets of files (large sets,
> small sets)

That would point at bugs in the Wx and Qt UIs. Try with the text mode or HTTP
interfaces to see if it still happens.

http://git.remlab.net/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=vlc-courmisch.git;a=summary