[vlc-devel] VLC ignores PTS in PES streams ?!

Matthias Krause odikrause at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 09:59:11 CET 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Laurent Aimar <fenrir at via.ecp.fr> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009, Matthias Krause wrote:
> >       VLC does not ignore the PTS/DTS value from a PES stream (PS).
> >      What make you think it does ? Any unusual log message ?
> >
> >    If I skip a frame in the stream,
>  How?

no, i skip the frame in the stream, and set the PTS for the next frame at
its right time (based on the frame number)

So instead of  ... P B B P... I send  ... P B    P ...

> Do you repeat twice the same PTS for two different frame?

No.

> Do you use a P frame with all MB skipped? ...

I only drop B frames.

> >    VLC speeds up the stream rather than
> >    keeping the stream at the same speed and show the previous frame
> twice.
>  VLC will respect the speed reading imposed by the SCR value (as specified
> by
> the standard).
>  Are you sure your file does respect ISO/IEC 13818-1?

Quite certain: It is tested with elecard stream analyzer (and via visual
feedback from ffplay, vlc (except for the timing) and media player.

 Could you make your file available ?

http://www.einproduktprotag.de/sys17.mpg