[vlc-devel] vlc-devel Digest, Vol 20, Issue 75

ken kenself at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jan 15 22:16:01 CET 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 17:39:00 +0200, R?mi Denis-Courmont wrote:

> If I'm not mistaken, your patch would introduce a reference leak on the
> playlist. I merged the buffer part - please separate such things next time.

Quite right, I  missed that one. However, the logic is just plain wrong.
PLAYLIST_PAUSED and PAUSE_S are from different domains and cannot both
be compared against the same value. In fact, PLAYLIST_PAUSED has the
same value (2) as PLAYING_S so the code returns an error condition
incorrectly nearly all the time. This means that almost NONE of the rc
functionality works anymore.
I've just had a loser look and this additional test against
PLAYLIST_PAUSED has been added in some other places as well so now I
have a dilemma. What is the best thing to do?
1) Make the same change as I submitted with an additional pl_Release in
all those places
2) Remove the additional condition - if the logic is so bad maybe the
whole idea is misguided
3) Do (2) plus do something that changes the stream state when the
playlist state changes
4) Combine the playlist states with the stream states so they do not
have overlapping values.

Ideas welcome from anyone interested

Kind regards
Ken