[vlc-devel] Where to get libdvbpsi source code? Can not find in tarball

Ed Sutton ESutton at fescorp.com
Fri Jan 16 15:47:48 CET 2009

Disclaimer: I'm a Linux newbie.

Where do I find the source code to build libdvbpsi?  Please correct me if I am wrong but I cannot find it in the build of the VLC tarball.

I want to be able to debug into libdvbpsi as this library seems fundamental to the understanding of decoding and receiving a MJPEG UDP stream. I did a tarball build of ffmpeg and vlc and associated libraries using the guides found here:

http://itoke.net/wiki/index.php/iToke:Ffmpegbuild
http://itoke.net/wiki/index.php/iToke:Vlcbuild

My goal is to implement a Linux motion JPEG2000 ( MJ2 ) decoder. Any direction here is gratefully appreciated.  I am only starting with M-JPEG as MJPEG is also a frame-based codec.  Starting with M-JPEG should help me learn the VLC source code and figure out what modules I will need to implement for a motion JPEG2000 solution.  I want to learn what modules parse the network stream into frames  and where the frame decoding is called from.

Thanks in advance for any tips or direction,

-Ed