[vlc-devel] To add a new feature to vlc player.

asher basheer asher.b.07 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 14:00:23 CET 2009

Hi,
       I am Asher.Me as a part of a project is planning to add a new feature
to vlc.

My aim is to add a highly efficient search box to the player.For that i
would like to know w*hich tool can be used (Glade tool)*for developing the
graphical user interface.

What i am intending to do is, when the name of a supported file  is entered
onto the search tab it should quickly search it and should automaticaly play
it.
If this becomes successful,in future i wolud like to make a speech
recognition tool to vlc which would play the file as the user speaks it
through his microphone.I had gone through vlc documentation in
videolan.organd i am trying to understand vlc's architecture.

Hope you would guide me with valuable inputs.