[vlc-devel] commit: gestures: change volume on playlist rather than interface ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Jul 9 21:41:14 CEST 2009

Le jeudi 9 juillet 2009 21:25:24 git version control, vous avez écrit :
> vlc | branch: master | Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> | Thu Jul  9
> 21:24:14 2009 +0300| [3086d1afd24d968e65251037c8d3eb56309f159b] |
> committer: Rémi Denis-Courmont
>
> gestures: change volume on playlist rather than interface

The aout_* interface APIs are currently assume there is only one audio output,
meaning only one input (I believe they predate VLM).

I thought about tying them to the input thread, which would be the cleanest
and most obvious design. Unfortunately, that would:
- prevent changing the volume when the playlist is inactive,
- loose the volume across stop/play cycles.

I also guess that input_resource_t cannot handle this (at least currently), it
is preserved when the item changes, but not when the playlist stops, right? I
guess ideally, we would have some kind of commun "input context" that survives
inputs and would be common to playlist, VLM, and libvlc_media_list_player.

In the mean time, I am tempted to put run aout_* on top of the parent object
of the input - which is the playlist when it comes to interface plugins. Next
step is to actually change the way to find the audio output object.

http://www.remlab.net/