[vlc-devel] RTSP client 'trick play' support. When will it ever work??

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Thu Jul 9 22:19:06 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 09, 2009, Glen Gray wrote:
> I've also tested against an Anevia server and it seems to work ok in the
> faster mode but I can't seem to get it to go into rewind, slower
> obviously doesn't seem right at a UI level and it does choose a < 1
> value but not < 0 which is needed, i.e. Scale: -2.0. How does one change
> to rewind ?
 There is a dedicated button to switch betwen forward and backpard. You
probably need to add it using "Customize Interface" if it does not appears
by itself (it is called "Trickplay reverse").
 Becarful, it will show up only when trickplay support is "detected" ie
when the length is > 0 (same condition than for seeking).

 I have tested it with my lastest commit and it works with live555 server
at least.

--
fenrir