[vlc-devel] RTSP client 'trick play' support. When will it ever work??

Glen Gray slaine at slaine.org
Thu Jul 9 19:23:51 CEST 2009

Been looking over the code in git and I think I see where I feel down
with my testing of this feature

1) I tested with liveMedia server which was already known not to work
2) I tested with Kasenna which seems to be explicitly disabled in
DEMUX_CAN_CONTROL_RATE
    Any ideas why this was set like this ? Kasenna servers do support
the Scale feature ??

I've also tested against an Anevia server and it seems to work ok in
the faster mode but I can't seem to get it to go into rewind, slower
obviously doesn't seem right at a UI level and it does choose a < 1
value but not < 0 which is needed, i.e. Scale: -2.0. How does one
change to rewind ?

Cheers,
--
Glen Gray