[vlc-devel] Modules to remove for 1.1 ?

Daniel Jensen jensend at iname.com
Sun Jul 12 16:45:06 CEST 2009

I'm not subscribed to the list, but happened to look at the vlc-devel
archive and notice this:
Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
>> Amazingly mga cards are still sold and are apparently still in use in
>> certain fields -- reportedly very good if not best ever 2D accelerators,
>> and, of course, dual-head support. Consequently dropping support would
>> not be wise and in fact it'd be worth at least a look provided someone
>> has the hardware. I might have, but I'll have to dig.
> Do you want the hardware?

I have a Matrox G400 sitting around- a really solid card in its day, but
unfortunately limited to using 3.3V AGP 1X/2X signaling and thus
incompatible with 4X/8X motherboards. If it'd be any use to VLC I'd be
happy to send it along. I'm a little curious as to why Matrox cards
would need to be special-cased rather than just using the regular
DirectX, OpenGL, X11, etc output. Please cc me in any replies.