[vlc-devel] Modules to remove for 1.1 ?

jpd at videolan.org jpd at videolan.org
Wed Jul 22 12:54:30 CEST 2009

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 08:45:06AM -0600, Daniel Jensen wrote:
> I have a Matrox G400 sitting around- a really solid card in its day, but
> unfortunately limited to using 3.3V AGP 1X/2X signaling and thus
> incompatible with 4X/8X motherboards. If it'd be any use to VLC I'd be
> happy to send it along. I'm a little curious as to why Matrox cards
> would need to be special-cased rather than just using the regular
> DirectX, OpenGL, X11, etc output. Please cc me in any replies.

I don't know but I suspect it might have to do with (then?) lack
of opengl drivers. If anyone has an answer I'd love to hear it.

Right now I don't see opportunity to work on mga support for various
reasons, but if that changes I'd like to take you up on the offer. I
have an old athlon board that is supposed to still work and probably
would take MGA boards once I get around to replacing the PSU. In any
case I'd like to thank you for the offer.