[vlc-devel] WARNING: VLC is being sold without permission!!

xxcv xxcv07 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 13:14:12 CEST 2009

Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> First, could you stop thinking that you are the only ones that have a
> brain around here? Some of you are very good coders, but as soon as you
> get out of coding, you stop thinking...
>

> OF course, we have looked at those issues... What do you think?
> That we are stupid?
>
> First, they have the right to resell VLC (see eBay issue). And they more
> or less comply to the GPL.
> Then, they usually don't provide the source on their websites.
> Then, they are delibaretly confusing the users.
> Finally, they have usually extra licenses, incompatible with the GPL.
>

> So, now what?

There are some possibilities (or infinite) that :
1. Videolan.org is corrupted with somebody (or more) behind this.
2. Since a number of you've started to think that it is right, then
you're a potential suspect... and you put Copyright on the GPL'd VLC
source code, actually meant nothing.
3. Yes, this topic have no ending.

.