[vlc-devel] vlc and rtsp

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Fri Jul 17 17:50:21 CEST 2009

Hi, I'm actually trying to make sure vlc works as well as possible with
an rtsp server I'm developing.

While testing I noticed that vlc doesn't support "proper seeking" as
reported in

https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/2806

Today I tried to see which is the vlc behavior when accessing darwin
streaming server to compare it and I noticed it seems to misbehave as
well (at least I tried the dss test files).

I noticed that version 1.0.0 is supposed to support trickplay but looks
quite strange since even seeking is bogus.

Which server had been used to check interoperability?

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member