[vlc-devel] Re : vlc mozilla plugin and html content

Vicente Jiménez googuy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 12:56:25 CEST 2009

Mmmnn, I know that is very difficult to have any content on top of a
VLC media plugin.
I'm agree that this could be very useful.

I only found one way to do it: using a video filter. Marquee, rss or
another one maded ad-hoc and adapted to the content that needs to be
presented. I still haven't done tests but I think it's possible to use
video filters with the VLC media plugin. Another problem is how to
control them or synchronize content with video image.

But since you pointed that flash has a mode to play in background, VLC
media player has an option to put video in the desktop background, I
wonder if its possible to put VLC media plugin in the "HTML canvas
background" (whatever this could mean to the navigator). I'm just
throwing some ideas without real technical understanding of the
implications and difficulties involved.

The first think we need to understand is how flash plugin paint in the
HTML canvas background.

Cheers
vicente