[vlc-devel] Qt4 gui playlist

Jakob Leben jakob.leben at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 11:20:39 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Jakob Leben <jakob.leben at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, I noticed another weird thing: if the option "Display playlist
> tree" in "advanced" settings / Playlist is checked, then playlist_TreeMove()
> moves always to index 0, no matter what index you pass it.

> Does anybody know what the above mentioned option is supposed to do?

OK, I realized the option has effect in Media Library view of the playlist.

But more precisely, the problem with dropping to index 0 instead of
requested index happens only when dropping onto root item (which means also
moving between items at root level), both in Playlist and MediaPlayer views.

I found out that for some cases playlist_TreeMove() calls TreeMove() a
second time, in which case the new position is hardcoded to 0. In which
cases exactly this second call needs to happen is beyond my understanding so
I would ask somebody else to look into it.