[vlc-devel] How to contribute?

Kaarlo Räihä agent_007 at luukku.com
Fri Jul 31 10:04:05 CEST 2009

Lee kirjoitti 31.07.2009 kello 09:08:
> Hi,
>
> We developed a project based on vlc1.0. This project requires a
>  stable and
> powerful media player to offer facilities for video stream channel
> switching any time. So we chose vlc.
>
> In this project we have made improvements in material respect, including
> having added a configuration menu to support direct media over
>  TS/RTP and
> TS over RTP, and the stability of vlc trick play.
>
> Now we want to contribute our source code to vlc organisation so
>  that more
> people around the world can benefit from the previous effors, without
> knowing how to or any limitative rules to obey after that. Could you
>  please
> give us a hand, like direct us to the one in charge or send us a
>  complete
> guide about the contribution process?
>
> We are anxiously waiting for your early reply.
>
> Li

http://wiki.videolan.org/Sending_Patches
http://wiki.videolan.org/Git#Submitting_patches_to_the_vlc-devel_or_x264-devel

After you send the patch(es) to this mailing list, you should get some feedback during next 7 days (e.g. about code quality, mentioning possible bugs, or info that patch has been merged to master). If nobody replies during 7 days, you can re-send patches and say that nobody checked them.

Luukku Plus paketilla pääset eroon tila- ja turvallisuusongelmista.
Hanki Luukku Plus ja helpotat elämääsi. http://www.mtv3.fi/luukku